Camp Inspire is a Health & Wellbeing holiday camp for 4 to 18 year olds focused on enhancing wellbeing and developing soft skills through structured fun activities.
We are pleased to release the details of Camp Inspire Easter 2022.
Primary age Children – Monday, April 11 to Thursday, April 14 – 10am until 2pm.
Secondary age Young People – Tuesday, April 19 to Friday April 22 – 10am until 2pm.
The venue is Parkside Community School, Boythorpe Avenue, Chesterfield, S40 2NS.
The programme will be delivered in partnership with Parkside School and funded through Derbyshire County Council Holiday Activity Food (HAF) programme.
The aims of the HAF programme are to encourage children and young people who attend to:
• Eat more healthily over the school holidays
• Be more active during the school holidays
• Take part in engaging and enriching activities which support the development of resilience, character and wellbeing along with their wider educational attainment
• Be safe and not socially isolated
• Have a greater knowledge of health and nutrition
• Bemore engaged with school and other services
We will provide free places for children and young people eligible for and in receipt of free school meals or who are otherwise vulnerable, for at least four hours a day, four days per week of the Easter holidays, and the provision will be delivered in line with the HAF Framework of Standards.
Who is Camp Inspire for?
Camp Inspire is for Children and Young People (CYP) who would benefit from structured holiday activities, making new friends, being more active and receiving a hot school meal each day.
We do have limited capacity to provide 1 to 1 support for Camp participants that may require this in order to attend although this cost may not be covered by standard funding. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about 1 to 1 support or call Andrea Parkinson on 07751926714.
Applying for a Place
Funded places will be prioritised on the basis of highest need for children and young people meeting any of the following criteria;
• Children from low income families (eligible for free school meals)
• Those identified as vulnerable or at risk of exploitation
• Children in care
• Children with EHCP plans
• Children with recognised SEND or other additional needs
• Children with a referral to CAMHS (or a known mental health issue at primary care level)
We aim is to provide funded places for 150 children per day. Referrals are now open to schools, social care, family support, mental health teams and other CYP agencies. Please identify those Children and Young People who would most benefit by completing the registration form below.
Secondary age participants 12-18: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=2lsa6TNpfEuK7LoG9xbkxk41Vok5UfpBhxG7fn-SPQhUQk9NRzNVQklWQzVKRkNIREVLRDNHR1RRNi4u
Camp Inspire Easter is based around the Five Ways to Wellbeing and underpinned by four core values we aim to
instil in our participants.
• Connect – Main Themes – Social relationships, diversity and the wider community
• Be Active – Main Themes – Physical activity, motivation and staying active
• Take Notice – Main Themes – Self-understanding and positive choices
• Learn – Main Themes – Enhancing self-esteem and encouraging social interactions
• Give – Main Themes – Acts of kindness and community action
• Be Fair – being considerate and thinking of others
• Be Connected – showing great teamwork and working well with others
• Be Ambitious – working hard to improve skills and never giving up on your goals
• Be Inspiring – being a positive role model and setting a great example to others
Key skills that we aim to develop include.
Teamwork, Problem Solving, Leadership, Motivation, Communication, Spatial Awareness, Confidence, Self-esteem, Thinking Clearly Under Pressure, Interpersonal Skills, Creativity, Strategic Thinking, Planning, Resourcefulness, Decision Making, Adaptability, Resilience.
We look forward to delivering Camp Inspire Easter and receiving your referrals over the next few weeks.
Closing date for referrals is Monday, April 4, 2022.